EDI Orders enables customers to transmit new orders to suppliers via the Gateway and to confirm orders created via EDI Quotes.
Overview of the process
- The library creates new orders for the supplier in Alto (or confirms orders generated via EDI Quotes)
- The order exporter process running on the library's server transmits the orders to the Gateway
- The Gateway sends the orders to the supplier overnight
- Your server must be set up to allow transmission of data to the Gateway
- The order exporter process must be running on the server
- The supplier must be accredited for EDI Orders – refer to this list of accredited suppliers
The following steps are involved in implementing EDI Orders:
- Creating a record for the supplier in Alto that contains the supplier's electronic trading number (variously known as a SAN, EAN, GLN or ANA number)
- Agreeing with the supplier when you will start sending orders via EDI.
See all Capita Libraries' accredited EDI suppliers