The EDIFACT INVOIC message is used by subscription agents to send electronic invoices to libraries.
Overview of the process
- The library uses a subscription agent for the delivery of serials
- The agent generates an invoice and sends an EDI copy to the Gateway. More than one invoice may be transmitted at a time
- The Gateway validates the file as soon as it arrives and forwards it to the library
- At the library the LDS creates the invoice(s)
- When all the invoices in a file have been processed the Gateway emails a report to library staff
- You must be on Alto 5.5 or above
- Your supplier must be accredited with Capita for the implementation of EDI Invoices for Serials
- Your open orders must contain the Subscription Reference provided for each subscription by the supplier
Capita staff will help you to implement EDI Invoices for Serials. Please raise a case if you are interested in taking this service or if you require more information.
See all Capita Libraries' accredited EDI suppliers